Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

‘Distinguished’ ambassador resigns after PM rejects partner’s greeting

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 06 May 2015, 11:00 AM Agree 0
Tony Abbott has come under fire after details of an alleged incident involving an ambassador and his partner emerged, reminding employers that intolerance can lead to the loss of star performers.
  • TC | 06 May 2015, 11:37 AM Agree 0
    This story has progressed - it has been reported that it was protocol for the PM to only be greeted by the ambassador (and not with his partner) if the PM is travelling without his wife. Given that this story has been updated much earlier this morning, it's poor that you would send an update out with an inaccurate account of the story attached.
  • Ollie | 06 May 2015, 12:46 PM Agree 0
    I agree with TC. Keep out of the politics as we get enough of that through other social media channels.
  • | 06 May 2015, 02:04 PM Agree 0
    Ditto
  • Mark | 07 May 2015, 12:54 PM Agree 0
    Get serious TC, the event speaks for itself. A distinguished Ambassador (who is required to to be a master of such matters) resigns over an application of standard protocol? Really??
  • Scooter | 08 May 2015, 12:49 PM Agree 0
    Poor Tony would get caned for caring for sick children. Haters are gonna hate
  • Dan | 11 May 2015, 08:46 AM Agree 0
    This is still in the newsletter and the article hasn't been amended? Poor form HC.
  • | 13 May 2015, 12:04 PM Agree 0
    I agree, this should have been removed a week ago (or not even posted in the first place).
Post a reply