Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Dismantling WorkChoices was Gillard’s baby; Same fate for Fair Work under Abbott?

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 27 Feb 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Gillard’s victory in today’s leadership spill may have settled one leadership question, but as the calls for an early election grow louder amid all-time polling lows for the Labor government, HR is left to deliberate would happen to industrial relations under an Abbott-led collation government?
  • Greg | 28 Feb 2012, 08:58 AM Agree 0
    I would like to see more comments from HR managers in regards to IR laws. What works and what doesn't. Too many people are too quiet and we end up having the government and unions setting the agenda, not the workers or the employers
  • Andrew Cameron | 02 Mar 2012, 03:49 PM Agree 0
    It has become apparent that a lot of HR people are not fully aware of the IR implications of actions in their workplaces. There are more and more instances of this in FWA and the courts. In the self introduction part of an IR course I have just started it is surprising the number of qualified HR people doing the course to find out more about IR.

Perhaps the undergraduate and other training courses in HR should include a subject on IR, at least the basics.
Post a reply