Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Death of the Applicant Tracking System? One expert says yes

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 11 Dec 2014, 07:27 AM Agree 0
An influential HR leader reveals why multinational companies need to say RIP to the ATS
  • Ronnie | 15 Dec 2014, 06:31 PM Agree 0
    I have to say I agree with this, I have many times become annoyed and not applied for positions half way through because of incorrect reading of the CV, or drop downs that don't work and the application won't go through, questions that are really illegal to ask and are won't let you past if you don't answer. It is frustrating, if they ask for the CV to be attached that should be good enough.
  • caca | 17 Dec 2014, 04:31 PM Agree 0
    Ronnie - I've never seen illegal questions. Which ones have you encountered?
    I think this is essential for recruiting, however there are really no standout systems available.
  • Ronnie | 18 Dec 2014, 01:19 PM Agree 0
    one question is your age. I had reasonable success with a system,( don't know if I am allowed to name it) and my team could put in knock out questions, however they were never questions that were discriminatory questions. the system was very user friendly and still gave us the stats we required. My main annoyance is the CV not being read correctly. The system we had required the CV and cover letter be attached and there were knockout questions before you got to that part relating to relevant experience required.
Post a reply