Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Dealing with the angry employee

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 25 Jan 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Every workplace has at least one employee who seems perpetually angry. Although this is often not a result of anything the employer has done, it is left to managers to pick up the pieces following their tirades. Tammy Tansley provides her tips to do it better.
  • Craig White | 05 Feb 2012, 02:39 PM Agree 0
    This is something I see within organisations I deal with, partially driven by culture (of the industry), partially driven by (major) structure change within these companies.

Great advice pertaining to handling the different types of angry employee.
  • Tammy Tansley | 06 Feb 2012, 12:44 PM Agree 0
    Craig, you're so right. Changes in organisational structures (particularly when not handled well) can create such unnecessary angst and anger .. The unfortunate thing is that this often spreads throughout the organisation - ultimately, as you say, affecting the culture. Thanks for the comment.
  • Diana Fisher | 07 Feb 2012, 04:57 PM Agree 0
    Excellent advice especially with regards to solution mechanisms that should be established within an organisation to address anger issues. Would love a similar article with advice to address general negativity with particular emphasis on apathy
  • Tammy Tansley | 07 Feb 2012, 05:14 PM Agree 0
    Diana, thanks for your comment and feedback. There are some relatively easy to implement approaches that can really help apathetic employees. Watch this space.
Post a reply