HRD forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Dealing with the angry employee

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 25 Jan 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Every workplace has at least one employee who seems perpetually angry. Although this is often not a result of anything the employer has done, it is left to managers to pick up the pieces following their tirades. Tammy Tansley provides her tips to do it better.
  • Craig White | 05 Feb 2012, 02:39 PM Agree 0
    This is something I see within organisations I deal with, partially driven by culture (of the industry), partially driven by (major) structure change within these companies.

Great advice pertaining to handling the different types of angry employee.
  • Tammy Tansley | 06 Feb 2012, 12:44 PM Agree 0
    Craig, you're so right. Changes in organisational structures (particularly when not handled well) can create such unnecessary angst and anger .. The unfortunate thing is that this often spreads throughout the organisation - ultimately, as you say, affecting the culture. Thanks for the comment.
  • Diana Fisher | 07 Feb 2012, 04:57 PM Agree 0
    Excellent advice especially with regards to solution mechanisms that should be established within an organisation to address anger issues. Would love a similar article with advice to address general negativity with particular emphasis on apathy
  • Tammy Tansley | 07 Feb 2012, 05:14 PM Agree 0
    Diana, thanks for your comment and feedback. There are some relatively easy to implement approaches that can really help apathetic employees. Watch this space.
Post a reply