Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Damaged goods: why you should hire the “scarred” worker

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 11 Mar 2014, 09:34 AM Agree 0
Looking for the bright, breezy, cheerful candidate? Scared of the guy who seems to have had a lot of knocks? One top CEO says your priorities are backwards
  • Leanne Faraday-Brash | 11 Mar 2014, 12:37 PM Agree 0
    God bless the CEO who isn't always looking for the cookie cutter candidate. Older workers are 'scarred', sometimes by 500 rejection letters and yet so many of them have so much to give. May other CEO's and recruiters take a leaf out of Templeton's Emotional Intelligence journal!
  • Tracy Hyde | 13 Mar 2014, 11:16 AM Agree 0
    Yes I couldn't agree more Leanne. We need CEO's and recruiters like Templeton here, I can speak from experience, being one of those who have scars. I would like to think I have grown from them professionally and personally.
  • Winthorp | 09 Apr 2014, 05:42 PM Agree 0
    It is all in the Bible...nothing new to me :-)
  • Adam P | 16 Apr 2014, 12:04 PM Agree 0
    Obviously it depends upon the role to some degree? A business may not want a gloomy introvert as their receptionist, front of office; while as a backroom worker or researcher the same person may be perfect.
  • Mietta Gibson | 17 Apr 2014, 11:12 AM Agree 0
    I like it when people have had challenging times in their career. The ones that survive and learn from their experience have shown great resilience.
Post a reply