Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Cutting red tape for employers: Minister for Employment outlines plans

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 26 Sep 2013, 12:03 AM Agree 0
In his first address as Minister for Employment, Senator Eric Abetz outlined what can be expected of The Coalition at this year’s Australian Payroll Association Conference.
  • kevin | 26 Sep 2013, 03:07 PM Agree 0
    I have always believed that "ignorance" of the law was no defence and yet it was impossible for any one person to know all the law. So Simplifying the should be a good thing. Also focussing on what the principal objective is eg Employment is also consistent with that approach.
    If one bothers to reference the Fair Work Act you will find in the 1500 pages about 60 that relate to the National Employment Standards. The rest is the rules, penalties and union rights. Having done that you may start to agree that bureaucracy has perhaps gone too far and that change is needs.
  • D Sloane | 26 Sep 2013, 03:31 PM Agree 0
    Not sure what the new initiatives are. Nothing very specific in the artice above. But love the idea of the Public Service having to administer the proposed paid parental leave scheme. Although, given the intention of cutting thousands of jobs from the PS, I'm not so sure that will work either!
Post a reply