Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Cringe-worthy job applications

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 21 Mar 2014, 11:30 AM Agree 0
With high hopes and the best of intentions candidates send off their CVs with great expectations, but maybe they should have given it one more read...
  • Vera P | 24 Mar 2014, 11:56 AM Agree 0
    Best one was a one-liner. "I think I could do it". And that was all.
  • Sally Spencer | 25 Mar 2014, 02:46 PM Agree 0
    Best one for me. I was recruiting for a Medical Rep, and one of the candidates put as his reason for applying, he'd recently seen the movie "Love & Other Drugs" and thought this would be a fun job............OMG!!
  • T.Q | 07 Apr 2014, 11:20 AM Agree 0
  • Laura | 07 Apr 2014, 03:16 PM Agree 0
    I asked a candidate for a Training & Development Manager role what her development opportunities were..her reply "Well I need to get my teeth fixed (as she spoke through gritted teeth pointing at the bottom crooked row) and I really need a man"....I pointed out to her that I was really after any professional development areas related to the role...."Oh, well in that case there's really nothing I need to work on". When I gave her the feedback post interview about providing too much personal information and being too familiar with the interviewers she then said "Oh thanks for that great feedback, we should catch up for a drink sometime and continue the friendship as I think you're my kind of person, you know straight talking"....baffling....
Post a reply