Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Could your CEO be a psychopath?

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 22 Oct 2014, 11:20 AM Agree 0
It is not a trait that we normally associate with business leaders, but research indicates that psychopathic behavior among senior executives may be more common than we think.
  • Catherine Cahill | 22 Oct 2014, 06:19 PM Agree 0
    Fritzon certainly hasn't uncovered anything new here! I highly recommend the book "Snakes in Suits" (Babiak and Hare) which is a detailed account of psychopaths at work.
  • Nancy | 23 Oct 2014, 03:42 PM Agree 0
    Agreed Catherine - nothing knew here. 'Snakes in Suits's is an eye opener. I work with at least two I'm sure.
  • Valerie Panayiotou | 24 Oct 2014, 09:55 AM Agree 0
    I also agree with both Catherine and Nancy. I find that these types also seem to end up in the education and not-for-profit sector as there appears to be less scrutiny than you would find in the corporate sector. I personally know of a lady who has no qualifications but declares to everyone she not only has multiple qualifications from overseas, but that she is currently a PHD candidate as well! Why don't we speak up? Those of us who have read 'Snakes in Suits' know there is no easy way to make these people accountable and often there is a backlash which then impacts us and those around us more than it impacts the culprit. Better to keep a safe distance.
Post a reply