Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Contractors and Australia's quest for productivity

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 11 Feb 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Matthew Franceschini outlines the key elements leading to the rise and rise of white collar contractors.
  • David Clarke (find me on LinkedIn) | 12 Feb 2013, 01:04 PM Agree 0
    I absolutely agree.

I have found over the last 12-24 months that employers and project operators recognise that the 'best' people they are trying to recruit are already contracting themselves out - that’s where you can find them!

However, what is raising concern is principal contracting terms are being passed down to the independent contractors who often cannot comply nor afford the requisite insurances leaving them considerably exposed during and after completion of their services.

Personally, I can provide the advice/products to rectify this but there are thousands of contractors out their unknowingly 'signing away'.

Having said that, Principals have on most occasions agreed with my advice and amended contracts or accepted contractors additional expenses (at cost plus!!).

I look forward to the continued evolution and values add of Ipros.
  • Adam Trimboli | 14 Feb 2013, 11:39 AM Agree 0
    I agree also

It is for this reason that 3rd party contractor management companies, like , are becoming increasingly beneficial to independent contractors as they provide a cost effective way to obtain the necessary insurances without having to take the policies out themselves. It avoids the hassle, removes their liability and exposes them to a range of additional contractor services such as salary packaging and relocation services.
Post a reply