Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Considering an executive coach? Now is the time

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 24 Jul 2013, 12:02 AM Agree 0
Despite perceptions that coaching only belongs in the sporting world, successful executives count coaching as one of the crucial tools in their professional development armoury.
  • Dr Tim Baker | 24 Jul 2013, 03:42 PM Agree 0
    I fully endorse this article. Executice coaching can be very powerful and its growth is indicative of that.

It can be particularly good when used in conjunction with 360 degree feedback.
  • Gerrit Pelzer | 25 Jul 2013, 12:18 PM Agree 0
    I admit, being an executive coach myself I might be a bit biased...

However, practicing what I preach by having a business coach for myself, I am sometimes surprised how powerful coaching sessions can be.

Despite knowing all the coaching techniques, I may get stuck at times. It is amazing how coaching can help you get a different perspective on a situation, energize you, and move you towards productive actions.

• Erica Collins | 25 Jul 2013, 12:35 PM Agree 0
    I have recently spoken to 2 business owners who accredit their organisations' turn around to introducing external coaches. Proving it doesn't only have a pay-off for the individual but the organisation.

Interestingly, in both cases, they had given the coaches scope to work with employees as a whole person and not restricted specifically to work related issues.
  • Les Pickett | 25 Jul 2013, 08:25 PM Agree 0
    An effective coach will ask the hard questions that really should be addressed and help focus on critical areas ... as well as helping personal growth. A bad one is destructive disaster on the hoof!
  • Jack Douglas Cerva | 30 Jul 2013, 01:11 AM Agree 0
    A valuable comment that 'coaching' should be short term in nature vs mentoring. It was a good call to action with an executive I am now working-- I believe we have moved to more of a mentoring relationship, and need to address that. And this insight adds creedance to Gerrit's remarks above, I certainly get insight from feedback.
Post a reply