Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Company implements ‘Zero Email’ policy

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 02 Dec 2011, 12:00 AM Agree 0
You’ve got mail – not. French IT firm Atos has come up with a bizarre new company policy that bans employees from sending internal emails.
  • Harriet Stacey | 02 Dec 2011, 02:57 PM Agree 0
    Great policy - I love it. I dont know if it is true but I was told last week that there is a state in America that has also banned email at work?
  • Runa Maitra | 05 Dec 2011, 07:25 PM Agree 0
    This is definitely a great idea however, some HR documentation will be incomplete, if email recommendations, approvals etc are not the part of HR transaction/process. Need to learn how such matters are taken care through zero internal email policy.
  • Shane Savy | 08 Dec 2011, 07:27 AM Agree 0
    Interesting concept, though the flow of email in the working environ increases internal communications, whether good or bad. Having staff communicate through different mediums allows for increased and improved knowledge sharing; suffice to say that sometimes word of mouth becomes Chinese whispers. Whereas, an all staff email dispels rumours and allows employees to review its content from time to time to remain focused.
  • George O'Neil | 15 Dec 2011, 05:00 PM Agree 0
    In the "good old days" I would hand write what I wanted to say on a sheet of unbleached paper. Put it in the out tray to be picked up twice a day. A draft was typed and returned to the in tray. I made any corrections and if need be I could ask for 3 copies. That's all I could ask for because you could only put 2 pieces of carbon paper between on the type writter. Now I write a comment like this and it goes to millions of disinterested people.
Post a reply