HRD forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Coles manager allegedly asks staff to work for pizza

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 20 Mar 2017, 11:23 AM Agree 0
The supermarket chain has promised staff will be paid as normal after one manager asked them to work without pay
  • ex_WOW | 20 Mar 2017, 12:11 PM Agree 0
    Whilst I have not worked for Coles, I have worked for Woolworths. the statement that Coles made this is not in line with culture I would call BS.

Woolworths this was common practice, twice a year with stock take, restacks of stores etc. The pressure on store management to not exceed costs, yet deliver amazing change is ridiculous, the head office turn a blind eye to this behaviour.

I do not doubt for a single second, this is a real event, encouraged by the top down, and a common practice across Woolworths and Coles.
  • Leah | 18 Jun 2017, 05:50 PM Agree 0
    Ive worked for coles for almost 6 years in the produce department and have never once been asked to work for free. At our store , We are always treated well and paid correctly and on time. Ive found them a great company to work for
  • | 20 Aug 2017, 10:28 PM Agree 0
    Underpayment is common practice too. When questioned they blame "pay office woman". How can you be underpaid when you clock in and out electronically with a PIN number.
Post a reply