Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Changes to workplace policy unlikely

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 21 Aug 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Based on recent polls and comments, changes to workplace policy after the federal election are unlikely.
  • soozy | 21 Aug 2013, 02:39 PM Agree 0
    have you read their policy? how can you say changes are unlikely? ABCC reinstated, introduction of IFAs allowed to undercut agreements and awards, restrictions on union access to worksites, changes to greenfield agreements so bosses bargain with themselves. How can workers rights be unaffected if the rights of their representatives are restricted?
  • RivercityIR | 22 Aug 2013, 08:45 AM Agree 0
    I wouldn't place too much emphasis on what employer associations have to say. If they spent more time assisting and educating their members on the Fair Work Act instead of behaving like pseudo political parties than employers would be better off. The Act does not need any changes. There is nothing in there saying that you can't have productivity or flexibility. They won't change very much, if anything, to do with IR. I do suspect however that the time of Unions not paying taxes will come to an end.
Post a reply