Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Can’t we all just get along? Embracing diversity in the workplace

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 11 Feb 2014, 06:52 AM Agree 0
Although traditionally HR has been told to ignore the differences in the workplace and emphasise what makes us the same, becoming a truly multicultural organisation might be the better option, experts say.
  • Deborah Pearson | 12 Feb 2014, 03:01 PM Agree 0
    Referring to Hoefsloot comment regarding cultural differences and responsibility, I would be seriously concerned if I worked for a company that based decision making and accountability of tasks on cultural diversity. Areas such as these should be outlined in company policies based on the needs of the business - and these will fluctuate depending on what industry you work in.

I also wonder at a company's culture if cultural diversity is an issue. A person should be hired for a position in a company based on their skills, etc. If the focus within the business is on achieving a desired result (project, task, etc.) using these skills then cultural differences can be encouraged and nutured to assist with achieving solutions.
Post a reply