Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Caffeine conundrum: what coffee says about candidates

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 30 Mar 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Next time your coffee date orders a venti-sized coffee, don’t be too impressed. But if they choose cappuccino, that’s a good sign. Or is it?
  • Deb | 30 Mar 2012, 02:41 PM Agree 0
    What about all of us who don't drink coffee? Do hot chocolate drinkers line up with the cappucino drinkers (for the froth) or should we be seen as staunchly individual? I don't care really, just get frustrated by the assumption that everyone drinks coffee :)
  • Billy | 30 Mar 2012, 02:46 PM Agree 0
    What a completely pointless article, based on pseudo-scientific "research". I could take an characteristic from each of the coffees that describe me...but I prefer tea
  • Lyn Bowker | 30 Mar 2012, 02:56 PM Agree 0
    Feeling quite left out of the Coffee Conundrum...
    I only drink Flat White (made with full cream milk)...ie; a capp with no fluff!
  • Jeevan Joshi | 30 Mar 2012, 02:57 PM Agree 0
    Are we back to reading tea leaves and coffee froth In the cuppa to recruit candidates ?
  • Lyn Bowker | 30 Mar 2012, 02:58 PM Agree 0
    PS ...but then I'm an ENTREPRENEUR not a candidate...perhaps Flat White is the preferred coffee for entrepreneurs then?

I also tend to agree with the comments above - a rather pointless article and not one that I'd be using as a headline act. Sorry guys it must be a lean month!
  • Michael | 30 Mar 2012, 03:00 PM Agree 0
    Amusing article, but 'physicality' left me cold. I think we should leave reading into people via tea leaves, coffee drinking, food preferences etc well alone. I believe it lacks credibility and misses potentially not only a good point but also a good person. I drink lots of espresso and long black; and sometimes tea (black) which I guess explains my comments
    :-)
  • Jess Matthews | 30 Mar 2012, 03:18 PM Agree 0
    Ok I think everyone needs to get a sense of humour - the story is intended to be a bit 'lighter' for a Friday afternoon!
  • Therese | 13 Apr 2012, 02:18 PM Agree 0
    A good, light article. Thanks for the entertainment on my Friday afternoon! I'm off to get a cappuccino now.
  • Jo | 24 Apr 2012, 03:57 PM Agree 0
    Thanks for a quick, light read... Great afternoon CBF fodder with colleagues!
Post a reply