Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Best employer awards not ‘office exclusive’: Aon Hewitt

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 22 Aug 2011, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Despite speculation the annual Aon Hewitt awards exclude so-called ‘ordinary organisations’ from their awards, the HR giant said their awards span all working sectors.
  • G. Woodcroft | 23 Aug 2011, 01:04 PM Agree 0
    I note Aon Hewitts quick response to assure us that the best employers awards are not "office exclusive" which was never the suggestion in my forum post. However, there does tend to be a trend towards more white collar businesses if you look over the last few years. Note I say "trend" not "exclusive" Here is the list:
    2011 Hilti Australia and Fedex
    2009 Dimension Data, Express Data, Microsoft
    2008 Bain & Co, Seek
    2006/7 Salesforce; Fedex
    2005 Salesforce
    2004 Salesforce
    2003 Cisco; Flight Centre
    2001 Flight centre

I see no mining companies, large retailers, large construction companies etc; represented in the winners over the last decade - some of Australia's largest businesses fall into this category. I still feel there is a trend towards white collar winners. Maybe there is a reality that these businesses are better able to demonstrate higher levels of engagement, or maybe some of the largere industrials need to be convinced that they actually stand a chance in winning a best employers award. Or maybe, it is just coincidence! Lets see who next years winners are!
  • Danielle | 23 Aug 2011, 06:47 PM Agree 0
    Perhaps the results reflect those companies more likely to participate in the survey. For many non office based organisations, getting employees to take part represents a greater challenge, particularly if computer literacy is an issue.
Post a reply