Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Beards at work are fine, but only if the CEO sports one

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 25 May 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
It’s long been said that facial hair looks unprofessional, and it’s not unheard of for a company policy to forbid beards – but if the trends in Silicon Valley are anything to go by, beards are back.
  • Patrick McInerney | 25 May 2012, 03:17 PM Agree 0
    I have been experimenting with a number of styles, including "the Fidel", "the Muammar" "the Arafat" and "the Bin Laden" however felt that these didn't really convey the image I was after, as a senior HR practitioner. The "Santa Claus" also didnt really engender the desired sense of dread in miscreant workers that I was after either, so in the finish I had to settle for "the Billy-Bob" goatee with accompanying moustache, as favoured by people with bad asses the over. Regrettably it has more salt, in its salt and pepper look than I would like, but at least now when I am implementing a performance improvement plan I don't get digs about 'waterboarding' anymore...
  • Bree Vreedenburgh | 28 May 2012, 01:58 PM Agree 0
    I sent this article to my boss (who sports a beard) and was advised that I was welcome to grow one :-)
  • Dylan Malloch | 28 May 2012, 02:08 PM Agree 0
    I'm with these guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOXM-GbhpCQ
Post a reply