Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Australia’s best companies for LGBTI employees

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 20 May 2015, 08:11 AM Agree 0
Twenty organisations have been named the nation’s top companies for LGBTI people by Pride in Diversity.
  • Shauna-Marie Wilson | 01 Aug 2015, 10:22 AM Agree 0
    The reality is that the acronym only means LGB & only those who are rich and tertiary qualified. General staff, transgender and intersex, transgender in particular, face a culture resistant and hostile to including us in recruiting and hiring. Anything that can be found to reject a transgender employment candidate is going to be used against the candidate as is my extensive experience. I must add, some of those employers appear in the list. I'm really sceptical that they are committed to doing anything to boost transgender hiring and inclusion, many of them still have no actual transgender staff and the awards are so laughably easy to qualify for if you can recruit PR staff (professional liars) to craft the spin you're after. Hopefully by my retirement there will be no barriers to girls like us enjoying career opportunity, freedom and prosperity in Australia. Then I'll be too old to work I guess.
Post a reply