Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Australian HR Award winners revealed!

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 08 Sep 2014, 11:33 AM Agree 0
The cream of Australia's HR industry gathered at the Australian HR Awards in Sydney on Friday night. HC was there and is proud to announce the winners of an exciting, hotly contested battle of excellence involving the nation's leading HR professionals.
  • Brownie | 08 Sep 2014, 01:55 PM Agree 0
    And what about all the hard working HR people that don't have a large team around them - working solo, developing and implementing on their own - don't see a lot of them here - is this list a real reflection of where the "real" HR takes place- struggling with management who don't appreciate or understand the importance of HR - for me these are the inspiring HR professionals - no budget, no media spin, no PR and very little recognition. To be honest you should be seeing NAB, Accenture, Deloittes, Telstra, CBA winning these self congratulating awards as they have $millions of dollars to spare - most HR people can only dream of having such a luxury. I do not mean to diminish the great work these HR teams do - but don't forget the soldiers doing it on their own.
  • Michele Duggan | 08 Sep 2014, 02:20 PM Agree 0
    I agree with Brownie. Sole practitioners doing the hard yards in smaller companies have no chance of recognition, so these awards recognise only those who are fortunate enough to work for an enterprise large enough to contribute time and money to such things.
  • Michael Forrest | 08 Sep 2014, 02:52 PM Agree 0
    Is it not conspicuous that we do not see BHP or Rio Tinto amongst these awards?
  • Ditto | 08 Sep 2014, 02:59 PM Agree 0
    Hi Brownie, I think you raise a great point. It is easier to build things with more people and more money. Great work to the winners for channelling the resources to acheive success.
  • Karen | 08 Sep 2014, 04:00 PM Agree 0
    Well said Brownie.
  • john leith | 08 Sep 2014, 05:10 PM Agree 0
    Congratulations to all the winners and finalists.
    Wonderful work and evening.
    Kind regards
    John Leith
  • Paul | 08 Sep 2014, 05:29 PM Agree 0
    Good point Brownie...very good point.
  • Eve | 09 Sep 2014, 01:32 PM Agree 0
    Thanks Brownie for raising this. Not every organisation have massive budgets to work with but the HR function and person involved do amazing work and often have to put up with the challenges of either a privately owned business or small company. They are often doing it all on their own. Building strategy, recruiting, performance managing, change management, building culture list goes on...we really need a category for the stand alone HR champions!
  • Wayne | 10 Sep 2014, 03:49 PM Agree 0
    I part agree & part disagree with Brownie.

We were a finalist in the Innovation & Corporate creativity category, we have a small HR team of 1.5 and we are a small organization compared to most of the finalists.

This was the first time we submitted, and I look forward to next submitting next year.
  • Graeme | 10 Sep 2014, 04:36 PM Agree 0
    Brownie are you willing to pay for a table of ten to attend on the award night?
Post a reply