Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Aussie workers: waking up worried?

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 05 Sep 2011, 12:00 AM Agree 0
The Kronos Global Absence Survey has found more than half of sickies taken by Aussie workers is due to stress.

• Sonia | 07 Sep 2011, 01:53 PM Agree 0
    I wish I had "chucked a sickie" more often. I wouldn't be sitting home as a psychologically work injured employee, suffering major depression and anxiety. This is costing me my mental and physical health. My boss is not happy that I am not at work but he did nothing to stop it either so it's costing him too.
  • Roxanne | 08 Sep 2011, 02:56 PM Agree 0
    I would love the opportunity to have flexible hours or to take unpaid leave. However, as a teacher in the independent system this is impossible. Work load has increased over the past few years, expectations have risen and yet there has been no thought by employers to consider the impact of this on staff and their families. Teachers who do take sickies impact on those who don't; 'extras or in-lieus are issued to others which reduces one's ability to catch up on marking etc. we are constantly kept busy and I am not convinces that this 'busyness' is good for mental or physical health. Something will have to give!
Post a reply