Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Are your employees too young to give good customer service?

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 25 Feb 2014, 12:51 PM Agree 0
Organisations that hire mainly young workers could be missing out on opportunities to connect with their customers – HC looks at the link between recruitment, discrimination and customer service.
  • John Mason | 25 Feb 2014, 03:11 PM Agree 0
    Customer Service today is not being taught to the young ones at all. I am 62 next month at present unemployed I am doing work experience. So far I have noticed that I am the oldest one in the building on a Tuesday. Everyone else is quite younger than me. The young lady who is on reception is really good on customer service. She asked me if I liked working their I said yes. I do I know very well that it is going to take me a long time to get to the jobs that you are doing that does not bother me it's the working conditions that have to be improved
  • Vera P | 27 Mar 2014, 12:38 PM Agree 0
    I do believe that some customers become invisible to some staff. Many older customers are quite simply ignored by younger staff, most especially in retail, and specifically in fashion retail.

Though to be fair, I have also witnessed older customer service staff totally ignore young people (men in particular).

In both cases,the thinking is quite insulting, that the customer is not worth their time, or may be unable to afford the goods.
Post a reply