Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Are you up to speed with new gender reporting rules?

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 21 Mar 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
From April 1 the requirements of the new Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 Act will be fully operational – is your organisation up to speed with the new requirements?
  • Scott | 21 Mar 2013, 04:30 PM Agree 0
    I thought they changed this?
    Taken from the Public Report Form 2012-2013.
    "For the 2012-13 reporting period, as part of the transition to the new WGE Act, reporting requirements have been reduced. Accordingly, in 2013 relevant employers are not required to complete the report form containing questions on the six steps of a workplace program as required under the previous EOWW Act.

In summary, it comprises:
    1) a workplace profile (set out in the same format as under the EOWW Act, but with no salary data required)
    2) confirmation by employers that they will comply with the new notification and access requirements (refer below)."

Can anyone confirm which reporting method? I'm going by what their form is implying.
  • Ann | 22 Mar 2013, 09:40 AM Agree 0
    The 2012-13 is as Scott says above as a "transition" to the new system _ one easy year.
    Next year there will be full reporting (plus salary data) with a new online form and the GEIs will apply.It is suppose to be easier than the previous format.
    2014-15 will be as above plus the minimum standards (yet to be legislated) will also apply.
    The WGEA are holding workshops about the new system. Not sure if there are any more but are worth going to get your head around the changes.Check out their website for more compliance information
Post a reply