Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Are you across important Fair Work changes?

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 24 Oct 2013, 12:01 AM Agree 0
The Early Bird discount ends on Monday for the Employment Law for HR Managers Masterclass.
  • RivercityIR | 28 Oct 2013, 07:42 AM Agree 0
    Still amuses me why people pay such ridiculous amounts of money to go see lawyers speak about things that you can find and read yourself off the net or FWC directly.
  • Cameron | 29 Oct 2013, 03:59 PM Agree 0
    Hi RivercityIR, thanks for your comment!

While it is true that legal information is provided for free (all good laws are easily accessible) from a variety of sources (including this website when we report on changes), nothing can beat a talk with a professional in the field.

The HC Masterclasses are a fantastic opportunity for our readers to really get to the crux of certain issues and delve deeper into the legal processes. They are designed to go beyond what can be read on the page.
  • Anonymous | 11 Nov 2013, 07:54 AM Agree 0
    I personally think that whenever any changes are made, the government should hold sessions like these. I sometimes struggle to keep up/fully understand how to apply changes mainly because I'm a one person show.
    I'd attend, however the cost is just too high out of pocket and my director won't front it unfortunately.
  • RivercityIR | 11 Nov 2013, 10:13 AM Agree 0
    Well Anonymous you have to market it to your director based on ROI (Return on investment). Are they really willing to not pay for you to attend sessions or seek assistance in favour of the possibility of business destroying litigation when something goes wrong?.....
  • Deborah | 19 Nov 2013, 08:27 AM Agree 0
    Hi Cameron

I understand where you're coming from, but it makes it incredibly difficult to attend a session if you're not based in the city or near where the sessions are being held. If I were to attend a session it would take over 30min travel time each way as well as the presentation. That's pretty much half a day out of the office. I'd much prefer to attend webinars or dial into a webex. It saves me so much time and I can still pose questions and get the feedback I need. Will HC consider doing a webinar on this topic for those of us who are unable to attend due to time constraints?
Post a reply