Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Are mental health issues being dismissed?

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 18 Feb 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
The head of Australia's biggest mental health charity says senior executives continue to ignore mental health issues within their workforce.
  • Blackcat | 19 Feb 2013, 09:54 PM Agree 0
    My employer organization was flooded with complaints about bullying and harrasment from 1/8 of it's workforce.
    Middle management never once stopped to enquire about the psychologcial effect the behaviour had on his employees. Managers indicated they could keep individuals from being exposed to the bully and more importantly, thought if the victim's moved away then they would be okay. They left but suffer from mental health issues requiring medication and support for the PTSD. I will suggest that if mental health was a concern earlier then a number of the worker's compensation claims may have been short circuited and the financial burden avoided.
  • Jenni Czislowski | 28 Feb 2013, 11:06 AM Agree 0
    I completly agree with Jack Heath. Being on Boards has become a job role in its own right. It is about productivity and dollars. People are begining to find spin, and smoke and mirrors intolerable, inadequate and downright deceptive.

The new clever business model will be based on genuinely addressing important social issues. Those who don't will miss the boat. Marketing dress ups, including law and policy, will become secondary to transparency of purpose.
Post a reply