Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

AHRI in media cross hairs on age discrimination

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 30 Aug 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Malcolm King writes that the HR profession will face ‘brand death by media’ if it does not fix its recalcitrant attitude to the recruitment of older workers.
  • Yvonne Walker | 31 Aug 2012, 09:33 PM Agree 0
    Great article, thank you.
    I agree that it's not enough to take the moral high road about discrimination - HR professionals need to be able to present facts and figures to the decision makers. I downloaded some census demographics in recent times to show a client organisation that in seeking to employ younger workers they were actually narrowing the candidate pool significantly - which doesn't make good business sense.
  • Heidi Holmes | 03 Sep 2012, 08:28 PM Agree 0
    I own, a leading job board for mature workers and while we are seeing an increasing interest from employers, actual recruitment companies still lag behind in proactively recruiting from this talent pool.
  • Malcolm King | 04 Sep 2012, 11:25 AM Agree 0
    I've worked globally in HR for 30 years and now am a CEO. This article is one of the most perceptive I've read re brand and media threat. One key way to protect brand and to reduce prejudice in selection is to run mandatory in-house education programs. I note A Current Affair ran another story last week. I presume this is Malcolm King who ran the national Learn more/earn more campaign.
Post a reply