Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Accelerate your HR career: Consider opportunities overseas

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 13 Nov 2014, 09:59 AM Agree 0
Could global exposure be the trick to fast-tracking your career?
  • Reader | 13 Nov 2014, 11:38 AM Agree 0
    There are a few recruitment agencies out there who need to read this - my international experience was regarded as a negative when I returned to Australia and one well know Melbourne based recruiter said to me, "Melbourne employers are quite conservative when it comes to candidates with overseas experience who have been out of the country for more than a couple of years". I was literally gobsmacked.
  • Vijay Kashyap | 13 Nov 2014, 07:06 PM Agree 0
    This article is very different from the current reality in the HR space. Employers are very conservative and would like an exact fit of past experience with their industry. They view overseas experience as higher risk and a reason for candidates to drift from the local reality.
    Many HR professionals who have gone overseas come back and struggle for roles. I interviewed a number of them who faced this frustration.
  • Kerrie | 14 Nov 2014, 02:55 PM Agree 0
    I wish this was current realty in Australia. This was far from the reaction I received from Employers and recruiters in Brisbane when I returned home from a few years overseas. I totally agree with the article and its concepts, now we'll just wait for the decision makers to come around to this way of thinking.
Post a reply