Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Abbott drops the axe on public jobs and committees: What does it mean for employment?

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 11 Nov 2013, 12:01 AM Agree 0
In a move to reduce red tape, the Abbott government has promised the abolition of government committees and jobs. What does this mean for employment?
  • kevin | 11 Nov 2013, 04:52 PM Agree 0
    Whilst I feel for those who may be displaced as a consequence of these changes I applaud the consolidation of the work performed by some of the agencies back where it belongs with the accountable Department. I fear that in the past departments have consulted with these agencies rather than develop policy directly with the electorate. This is should ensure that a department will be held "accountable" for decisions whereas an "agency" never could - so should reinforce accountability and responsibility something that has been sadly lacking to date in our Fed and State governments.
  • RivercityIR | 12 Nov 2013, 09:24 AM Agree 0
    To directly answer the question I think its going to be like all the thousands of jobs lost in the private sector over the last 12-18mths, its going to create strain on employment that will only continue to get worse. Sooner people realise that the economy is not as good as what the big banks and politicians are telling you the better you will be.
Post a reply