Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

10 HR trends for 2015

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 17 Mar 2015, 07:57 AM Agree 0
An annual report has revealed some of the trends HR can expect to see in the coming months, and has suggested that the sector might be creating some of its own problems.
  • Mark McClelland | 17 Mar 2015, 01:47 PM Agree 0
    I am surprised and somewhat disappointed that one of the biggest "elephants in the room" for many years does not rate a specific mention...how are we going to deal with our mature workforces?
    The recent release of the Intergenerational Report and a lot of other research is making it perfectly clear that finding solutions to get the best out of our maturing workforces will be paramount to future success.
    as HR professionals, we need to bring these issues to the table and start working on solutions.
  • Paul | 17 Mar 2015, 04:33 PM Agree 0
    Good one Mark. As usual the Elephant positions itself as the HR expert but is just an external consultant with many employees of this Company never ever having an internal HR role.

HR needs to do this and needs to do that. CEOs aren’t happy!!!bla bla bla
    These so called experts have never actually partnered with a business owner. It’s what the specific business needs not what the next best leadership trend should be and what these salesman want to sell.

Oh hello – and it appears it may be better putting in non HR people for a HR role. Yes - because there is a shortage of good HR people their database.

I clean up the mess from these sort of people that try and mind HR for short periods of time until the Company can secure a new and experienced HR Manager. Wow they really are removed from reality!!
  • Pia Inverarity | 17 Mar 2015, 07:42 PM Agree 0
    I agree wholeheartedly with Mark McClelland and I look forward to more discussion on this
  • BrianGraber | 28 May 2015, 09:13 PM Agree 0
    Thanks for sharing.
  • | 20 Oct 2015, 05:38 AM Agree 0
    Not on ly in agreement with Mark, but perhaps in accordance to the result of this survey…what was the average age of the team in charge of this report at Deloitte? were they young Milennials? I wonder, since the generation gap is too obvious.
Post a reply