- Reducing workplace hazards
How safe is your workplace? Here are some steps to reduce the OHS hazards in your organisation, regardless of industry.
- The importance of creating mentally healthy workplaces
Despite immense goodwill and genuine interest in the area, there is a need for more practical guidance and support around mental health in the workplace. Sam Mostyn outlines why it's so important.
- FWC puts workplace bullies in their sights
Squashing workplace bullying is something any HR manager can get behind. Whilst legislative changes, due to commence on 1 July, will see the FWC tackling the bullying problem, waiting around might get you caught in the crossfire.
- Bizarre compo claim: Shrill voice ruined worker’s hearing
There’s few things in a quiet office environment more irritating than a colleague with an annoying or shrill voice disrupting the work flow – but could a loud voice actually damage a worker’s hearing? One government employee says yes.
- Australian businesses are failing at first aid
Research backed by St John Ambulance Australia paints a dire picture of organisational readiness in responding to first aid.
- Adverse action time limits restricted as workplace bullying rises
A change in time frames means that while the limitation periods have decreased, the importance of having in place strategies to eliminate or minimise the risk of workplace bullying has never been more important. Nick Read outlines what it means for businesses.