- Gay-friendly workplaces boost health and productivity
Fear of social exclusion and discrimination force many employees to hide their sexual orientation in the workplace, often leading to anxiety and depression, according to Dawn Hough from Pride in Diversity,
- Does our own mindset cause the talent shortage?
With a little bit of imagination employers can beat the skills shortage, writes Kevin Wheeler
- Top employers named at HR Awards
ING Australia, Pacific Hydro and Main Roads Western Australia were named as Australia’s top employers of choice at this year’s Australian HR Leadership Awards 2009.
- Graduates advised to jump on Facebook
Prospective graduates should be making the most of social media to get ahead of the pack when it comes to snapping up the pick of graduate places, Michael Specht, founder of HR technology consulting firm Inspecht has told HR Leader
- Leaders need to move from resignation to resilience
How do leaders create organisations that will emerge better than before the GFC? Leaders need to look beyond the tough times for opportunities in the current climate, keep an unwavering eye on their strategic objectives and use their values in decision making.
- When travel unravels – telecommuting will be a must
When oil prices begin to rise, HR will need to be proactive and revisit the idea of telecommuting, writes David Creelman