- Network to “recession proof” your career
Networking has been cited as one of the top three ways to hold on to your job and “recession proof” your career, according to a report released by Hudson.
- HR director wins national business award
Rhonda Brighton-Hall, Luxottica’s Senior Vice President of HR, Asia Pacific and Africa, has been named National winner of the Hudson Corporate and Private Sector Award at the 2009 Telstra Business Women’s Awards gala dinner held in Melbourne on Thursday.
- Employers out of tune with plummeting worker morale
Worsening employee morale in the face of the global financial crisis is being underestimated by employers.Despite 44 per cent of employees indicating that employee morale in their company has plummeted, only 26 per cent of employers acknowledge that workplace morale had dropped, recent research has revealed.
- Green shoots in the Australian market – but caution urged
Whispers of an economic recovery are creeping into the media but experts are urging caution over premature optimism. Sarah O’Carroll reports
- Employer confidence resurfaces but experts counsel caution
Despite increased optimism amongst Australian employers, output is declining in most business sectors and business investment is falling sharply.
- Indefinite freezes placed on new hires
Almost two thirds of HR managers have put hiring freezes in place as a key measure for managing through the economic downturn, recent research has found