- More employees covered by increase in minimum wage for unfair dismissal claims
The Fair Work Commission (FWC) has increased the salary threshold for unfair dismissal claims.
- Drug-test refusal heard by FWC
Having a clear company policy over drug testing in the workplace is key, as a recent case involving an employee who refused to take one, and was subsequently sacked, shows.
- Expert fears false bullying claims could flood FWC
The Gillard government’s reforms could result in some undesired circumstances, according to one expert.
- FWC puts workplace bullies in their sights
Squashing workplace bullying is something any HR manager can get behind. Whilst legislative changes, due to commence on 1 July, will see the FWC tackling the bullying problem, waiting around might get you caught in the crossfire.
- FWC decision: National minimum wage up by 2.6%
The Fair Work Commission has announced a 2.6% increase in the national minimum wage, which will rise to $622.20 a week, up from $606.40.
- Annual minimum wage review ‘bad timing for employers’
The annual minimum wage review has kicked off today, but according to some business heads, the review could not be worse timing for employers.