- FWC supports Defence Department’s rejection of evidence from employee’s medical consultant
The FWC has dismissed a worker’s unfair dismissal claim after the Defence Department ordered her to return to work after consulting its own specialist rather than the employee’s.
- Employing reservists: What you need to know
Defence Force reservists don’t have it easy – they have to juggle not only their work and lives, but also a military identity. Employing a reservist, on the other hand, couldn’t be easier.
- Australia’s most attractive employers revealed
In the ultimate acknowledgement of an organisation having “passionate, raving fans”, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) has been voted Australia’s most attractive employer at the third annual Randstad Award.
- My brilliant career – Leanne Bloomfield, human resources manager at HLB Mann Judd
My current role is ... Human resources manager at HLB Mann Judd (Sydney office). We are a mid tier Australasian Chartered Accounting firm.
- Gay-friendly workplaces boost health and productivity
Fear of social exclusion and discrimination force many employees to hide their sexual orientation in the workplace, often leading to anxiety and depression, according to Dawn Hough from Pride in Diversity,
- My brilliant career – Martin Bowen
My Brilliant Career – Martin Bowen, HR manager