- Skills shortages loom large as a risk to growth
The global credit crunch was merely a blip on the radar compared to the severe implications of a skills shortage to Australian businesses.
- Rethink, redesign, rejuvenate
As national employment reaches capacity, a skills shortage is set to reignite the war for talent. Clever employers will rethink traditional job design – and make the most of who they have. Tom Washington reports
- Skills shortage looms for services and manufacturing
Employers in the manufacturing, construction and services sectors are concerned about a possible skills shortage as the economy kick-starts a return to growth, according to new research.
- Social media – a cheap and easy recruitment option
Incorporating social media into a recruitment strategy does not have to be a very costly or time-consuming exercise, a recruitment consultant has advised.
- US companies not tapping into social media
US companies are not tapping into social media’s full potential a recent study by Deloitte has revealed
- Graduates advised to jump on Facebook
Prospective graduates should be making the most of social media to get ahead of the pack when it comes to snapping up the pick of graduate places, Michael Specht, founder of HR technology consulting firm Inspecht has told HR Leader